A group of people listening to a session, and a man with a mic asking a question at WordCamp Kochi 2017.
The southern state of Kerala in India is all set to host its first regional WordCamp – WordCamp Kerala 2023 on March…
Tuesday Trainings: How do I contribute to WordPress? Part 3
Published on behalf of Amber Hinds (@amberhinds on Make Slack) The purpose of this post is to discuss proposed changes to the…
Posted by Dot Org Community on February 27, 2023 at 9:11 am

Suggested update to Events Code of Conduct

I recently came across some Code of Conduct language around social or supplemental events that I thought could make a great addition…
Attending: @askdesign, @javiercasares, @jillbinder, @juliarosia, @katiejrichards, @kcrockett, @martatorre, @onealtr, @santanainniss, @sc0ttkclark, @webcommsat Host: @jillbinder Start: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C037W5S7X/p1677088827008949 Summary 1 – Attendance and check-ins (everyone)2 – First…
In current WordCamp sites, a lot of people work together on the WordCamp event. When following the traditional WordPress role scheme we…
Posted by Dot Org Community on February 20, 2023 at 7:36 am

Upcoming #WPDiversity Events: March 2023

Here is our March 2023 #WPDiversity schedule. Please join us and help us spread the word! Speaker Workshop March 1, 2023 @…
Posted by Dot Org Community on February 17, 2023 at 12:58 pm

Meetup.com Accessibility Overlay February Update

In November 2022, WordPress meetup organizers expressed their disappointment in Meetup.com’s accessibility overlay, and brought this to the attention of the Community Team. All…
Posted by Dot Org Community on February 17, 2023 at 6:57 am

Updates to the WordCamp Site Setup Handbook Page

Hello Deputies! I’ve updated the Deputy Handbook WordCamp Listing & Site Setup page with the current step by step guide to set…
Meetup Organizer Newsletter: February 2023
Posted by Dot Org Community on February 15, 2023 at 6:50 pm

Meetup Organizer Newsletter: February 2023

Hello Organizers, Happy February to all! Read on for exciting updates from the WordPress community, including how you can shape the learning…
Some boxes of comic books.
Posted by HeroPress on February 15, 2023 at 9:33 am

Alice, Robert, and WordPress

Prologue – WordPress Alice and Robert are my father’s parents. They never knew what WordPress was. My grandfather’s technical sophistication ended in…